Thursday 9 November 2006

A severe case of "bloggingcan'tbearsedness"


Well I am being pestered by my mates to post blogs on Iceland and Rome and also some recent gigs.  Well I am sort of half way through Iceland one so expect that any day now.
This has been a really emotional week for me as I find myself either in a state of endless wallowing or crying for no reason whatsoever.  I am 3 weeks into new chemo course and one of the side effects (apart from the tiredness and throwing up) is paranoia really bad paranoia.  Being a positive person usually I am hating the person I am with these drugs inside me.  Finding it really hard to enjoy anything much at the moment.
My usual music sanctuary does not seem to do the trick at the moment and to be honest, it would not bother me if I never left my bedroom again.  Everything seems to be too much trouble, which is just the opposite of last week away in Rome.  I had such a great time in Rome with a certain young man and I am really missing him.  I find myself thinking of nothing else, but of course I wont tell him that! Could a girl really be pining after a man she met a mere 6 weeks ago?

Last night Kate and I went to see The Burt Bacharak Fight Club at the Social and after crying for most of the day (and during some of the shocking support acts!!) the Burts managed to cheer me up with their wonderful "Fizzy Pop" tunes.  We had everything including "Runaway Train", "Diane You're a Ghost", "Pshyco Michael", etc. etc.  Fitting encore of  "Doreen the Angels Fly Above Your Lampost" - I really like that one.  You got to check these guys out sometime they are fab!! 

The only other band worth mentioning is The Foncheros whom I really liked, and got to find out what that second song was.  I look forward to giving these guys a gig at some point.
Ok I will crack on with Iceland now that I got all this emotional shit off my chest....
Oh yes before I forget...Kate and I really have to stop frequenting Kebab shops as we seem to find the queerest folk (and I don't mean gay!) tonight a young man came up to us introduced him as Wyclef and sang "Kiling me Softly" for us whilst we were waiting for our Pizza.  He wanted some change and we parted with £3.50 between the two of us but he wanted £6 - cheeky sod.  Found out later that he was top of the charts so not sure which Wyclef he is but his singing was pretty good.

Thanks for your moral support tonight Kate, hope your eardrums have survived :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment