Friday 27 January 2006

Kubb supported by Story One - Rock City Basement - 25/01/06


Well I am running out of adjectives to describe Story One and these blogs are getting decidedly boring now!!!  But I will say it again WOW BLOODY WOW!!! 

I get butterflies before every performance as the adrenalin pumps with anticipation of another magical night.  Of course last night was no exception - and Story One was just the support act.  (She says after paying over the odds to get tickets from Ebay so she can see them again!) 

Absolutely love the new songs and really cannot wait for the album anymore.  "Saving Grace" really rocks and I also like the newest recorded one - not sure what its called "...1, 2, 3..." lol!

Then came the turn of Kubb whom I only heard very briefly before, but loved what I heard and always being open to new stuff I thought I would go and see them.  Plus there was the assurance that I would at least enjoy one band on the night and that alone was worth it.

But they were outstanding, knew a couple of songs "Remain", "Somebody Else" and they amazing new single "Grow".  Of course loved singing along to "Wicked Soul" and the encore of "Alcatraz" was amazing but must say song of the night for me was "Mother".  I felt quite emotional as I spoke to mine in SA earlier that day and God I am now so homesick...well its been a while!

Looking forwad to Sunday at Rescue Rooms to see Story One play at my gig and then got the 31st in Sheffield seeing them again supporting Kubb.  Oh yes also got my tickets for the Social end of March today 

Tom, Barney, G and Mike THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment