Monday 9 January 2006

James Blunt @ The Point, Dublin 7 Jan 06


Well Gig No. 1 of the year started off in fine fettle after several bottles of Stag and an Abrakebabra 

Proceeded to The Point Theatre on the Saturday to find the support act to be none other than the amazing Nerina Pallot.  This happens to be the 4th time I have seen Nerina and most of them have been by pure chance.  Last time I saw Nerina was when she supported Paddy Casey in Portsmouth in April 05.  (That was also the night I discovered another current fav of mine Dlugokecki who is playing at the Platform in Covent Garden on Saturday, 15th January 06 and I will be there to see him!)  As usual Nerina was fabulous and got a great reception from the Irish crowd.  Tried to catch her signing CD's but the girl was far too busy and I was not about to miss Mr Blunt!

My 2nd time of see James, first time was Rock City in October 05, where they packed punters in like sardines and it was an most unpleasant experience and I could not see a thing.  Saying that the music then and over the weekend was brilliant.
I think James Blunt can be desribed as having an unusual voice and does what he does brilliantly well.  Loved all the new stuff very much and I can't help thinking that the second album will be better than the first.  Of course loved it when James sang my fav song "Tears and Rain", it was a special performance and when ever I listen to that song I can't help feeling it was written for me.

He sang every song off the "Back to Bedlam" album and for encore did "So Long Jimmy" and then finished the night with "You're Beautiful".  It was at times hard to hear James as the Irish audience were in full flow and they all sang their hearts out.

A lovely highlight of a nice relaxing weekend in Dublin.  Got 4 gigs this week and loads of flyposting and leaflets to be handed out. 

Good job I am an insomniac!

No comments:

Post a Comment