Sunday 14 July 2013

Brant Broughton Village Hall Gig

I have been looking forward to this one for quite some time and after last night's great gig in Chester I couldn't wait.  But first there was the simple matter of an afternoon at work to contend with.  Jackie very kindly offered to help me sort the notes cabinet.  OMG it was like being in a sauna with all the windows, we were sweating cobs!  I got changed and we left work, fetching Jen along the way.  We stopped off for some much needed sustenance at McDonalds in Newark before getting to Brant Broughton.  Got to the village hall and Rowan told us that the boys were at the pub, so we drove back to the pub.  It was Rob, Dave, Gordon, Martin and Doreen.  I remember Doreen telling me that she had never camped before but how they were camping this weekend.  I think we may have mislead them that we were camping too.  So I found myself giggling every time they mention camping.

We went to the village hall to secure our table up front.  I was trying to sneak a picture of Jackie, not the most flattering one of Doreen bending her ear.


Dave and Rob were at the table too, I couldn't help thinking how confrontational this pic looks.  Dave looks like he is gunning for Martin.


Well Dave finally took the stage and I loved it, preferred it much more than last week with that girl singer at Camp and Furnace.  Dave had such a fab blues voice.  My favourite song  is definitely "Dirty Little Secret".  I was selling CDs for Dave and we managed to get rid of 8 as he was very well received.


Lovely smile!


Next up was the turn of the main act.  I had informed Rob earlier in the day how the description on the facebook event said that it was an intimate evening with story telling.  No pressure there.  Rob was fabulous though and very talkative indeed.


Rob gave me a very sweet dedication of "I'm still here" which was beautiful even though a little embarrassing.  We had all the songs and "Stand by me".


It was so lovely to see people dancing to "Life in Easy Steps" and "The Passage".


Rob finished the night with Demons and it was lovely to see his cousin's boy Finn sing along and then doing some break dancing during the chorus.

Doreen was adamant that she was gonna have her picture taken with Jackie.


 Rob's second cousins posing for picture.


I told Rob how I didn't think the picture on the leaflets looked anything like him.  He then produced this for the pic.  It was very funny!

We all went back to Willem's for a drink and I mean everybody!  There were far too many people so we congregated just outside the back door and then both Dave and Rob joined us along with Willem and we had fabulous conversation.  Including  me telling Dave how much more I enjoyed it tonight since he didn't have that whaling woman with him.  Rob said "Dave meet Margi, she says it as she sees it".  Dave seemed a bit on edge as he kept talking about smoking his Moroccan Woodbine but wasn't sure of etiquette.  I told him to go for it and Willem joined in. 

 Most left after one drink but we stayed a little longer.  Had an in depth conversation with Mr Vincent senior and was getting worried about an increasingly drunk Jen.  We were having a fab time until Jen demanded to go home.  Jen slept for most of the way home.  What a fabulous night.

No comments:

Post a Comment