Monday 15 July 2013

Ice Cream Loaf

Well Facebook has been full of posts for this recipe to make an Ice Cream bread and of course curiosity  got the better of me and I just had to try it!

It is a simple 2 ingredient recipe.

2 cups of ice cream - any flavour
1.5 cups of self raising flour

So I went looking for interesting ice cream flavours in Tesco, plus I also wanted to find something that was around the 500ml because it would melt on the way home.  So I opted for Haagen Das Creme Brulee flavour.


The ice cream was lovely and liquid when I got home so I mixed it with the flour and it was quite a dry mixture.  I must say that I did not trust the recipe and decided to add an egg.  I also thought with using creme brulee flavour I would add a couple of drops of butterscotch essence and I added some fudge chunks to the batter and sprinkled some on top.


I baked it in the oven for 30 mins on 180 degrees Celsius. 


Verdict:
Surprising not as sweet as cake but nicer than bread.  I think it would benefit from either a glaze or some kind of filling just to add some flavour.  I liked the interesting texture of the cake/bread and it was quite moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment