Thursday 2 May 2013

Fibbers York 01.05.2013

I left work around 4:45pm so that I can hopefully beat the traffic out of Nottingham and get to the A1 without too much trouble.  Luckily my plan worked.

Only chink in the armour is on the A1(M) getting drowsy and falling asleep behind the wheel - ON THE WAY to a gig.  30 minutes from venue I decided it was safer to pull into the services and have a nap and then went and got myself some snacks to keep awake!


It was a beautiful day and the walls around York looked lovely, so had to stop for a quick pic.


Arrived at venue to find that the Marcella Detroit merch people had used the entire table again tonight.  I then sat down in front of sound desk where there were some pullman chairs and a couple of tables.  I then asked if I could set merch up there and the manager very rudely told me no.  He said it was for paying customers.  So I asked if I needed to buy a ticket to be able to sit there.  

In meantime Rob had been to the car to fetch some more albums and put them on the table with the rest of the stuff.  The manager angrily said, I told you you can't put that there.  I then asked him to tell me where to go, so he pointed in the direction of the back of the venue where the other merch table was.  I said if he gives me a table I will move.  He then went off on one saying I should have been there much earlier and fancy walking in now and expecting  people to drop everything when its about time for doors to open. I said I am sorry if I have a day job, to which he replied that he had one too.  

My blood is now boiling and the manager were taking Rob and Anna to get them some food.  Rob asked if I was coming and I just said no.  I did not want to be anywhere near that bloke.  Bless Rob sent me a text to ask if he could get fetch me anything.

Manager arrived back and he then pointed to a spot on the cloakroom counter for me to put my merch up.  I finished and asked him if I had taken up too much space as I didn't want to upset anyone else.  He then said he would be the only one I could upset and he wasn't upset.  He then stuck out his hand and introduced himself saying we should start off on a better footing.  I then told him he had no right to speak to me like that for which he apologised.

Finally time for the main event.  Met up with Colin who is a photographer I met at the Paul Carrack gig last year.  His friend Sue, him and me were up front watching Rob who tonight was joined by Anna on piano.





Well I didn't see any of Marcella the night before and tonight I am really glad about that!  Not really into female vocalists, let alone whaling.  She is a lovely person and so very good at what she does, its just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment