Wednesday 1 May 2013

Norwich - First Night with Marcella Detroit

So I managed to finish work at 1.30pm as I thought I would try and beat traffic and get myself to Norwich in plenty of time.  It was such a beautiful day and the drive was quite pretty, though painful as every man and his tractor seem to be out for a drive today.

I got in touch with Kev who lives nr Kings Lynn to invite him to the gig.  He then asked if I could swing by his and fetch him.  We then went via Narborough to pick up some shower chairs before finally getting to the Norwich Arts Centre at about 6pm.  It was a lovely modern building which was an annexe to a church and the actual venue part was in the church.



After setting up merch, we went in search of a chippy, which we were told were up the hill by the church.  So as we are walking down St Benedicts Street, we happen to pass 3 churches AND the venue was in a church.  We eventually found it and then sat in a lovely quaint square eating our sausage and chips.



We then made our way back down to St Benedict's Street and noticed not one


not two 


but 3 


Independent record shops, can you believe it!  Its hard to find one on our high streets these days.  How I wish I did arrive earlier so I could have had a lovely browse round these.

Back at the venue its time for Rob to hit the stage, so I made sure I told all the punters sitting in the bar that he was about to go on stage and that they didn't want to miss him.  



Rob played another fabulous set and slightly longer than what he was supposed to, but of course I didn't mind.

Set list below


I must admit I didn't get to see a great deal of Marcella Detroit as Kev and I were having a catch up.  She came out after the show and signed some CDs


We then got introduced to her biggest fan who travels all over the world to see her live.  He obviously loves her loads, but to be honest she looks a little scared in this picture.


Most people had now left so I thought I would get a photo of Rob and Marcy together.


Rob signing a CD for her.


This is the so called "art" on display in this Arts Centre.  I actually found it quite disturbing!


We left around 11.30 and the Norwich Arts Centre looked a little eerie at night.


I finally climbed into bed this morning around 3.30am and counting the minutes till I leave for York this evening.  Life on the road.... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment