Tuesday 13 December 2005

Blondie @ Royal Centre - 12/12/05


Yes its 2.30 am and I am still buzzing after witnessing a great performance from Blondie tonight.  A bit surprised to find that the beautiful Debbie Harry is no longer blonde! 

Nicest surprise came in the support act who was Hugh Cromwell ex Stranglers and I was quite shocked that I remember some of their music  obviously a mis-spent childhood! 
God I wish that I will look like Debbie Harry when I am 50 plus, actually I wish I looked like that now!!  She looked breathtaking and still knows how to move.

They sang all their greatest hits "Good Boys", "The Tide is High", "Rapture", "Call Me", "Hanging On The Telephone", "Picture This" and then "One Way Or Another" finished off the set beatifully and had everyone on their feet.
 
 
For the encore we had "Atomic" and the show ended with "Heart of Glass".  Must not forget to mention the excellent rendition of the Roxy Music song "More than This".  Only disappointment of the night was that they did not do "Denis".
 
Well another gig in my journey into the past, and at the end of everyone I seem to feel a little older... 

No comments:

Post a Comment