Monday 5 December 2005

Human League @ Rock City - 4th Dec 05


Well this weekend has been topped off with one hell of a gig - Human League can still do it, even though Phil has no hair ;o) 

They opened up in perfect style but 3 songs in came "Lebanon" - the rendition was better than any recorded version I have ever heard.  That really set me up dancing for the rest of the night.

They played all the favourites including "Fascination", "Mirror Man", "Human" and then finished off with "Don't you want me".

They came back on for an encore and sang some trancy number which I did not think a great deal of and then came the highlight of my night "Together in Electric Dreams" and wow it was great.

Really feeling my age however, but it was good not to be the oldest person at the gig for a change ;o)

Might have to have a quiet night in tomorrow night, then again there is Paul Carrack in Birmingham or Madness at Rock City.....wonder where I will end up.

Oh yes only caught last few songs from support band Hoboken, but thoroughly enjoyed it and as Phil Oakey said:  "They are worryingly good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment