Saturday 17 December 2005

Story One @ Wimbledon Watershed 15 Dec 05


What a strange evening this was!  It was such a mad rush to get there and turned up at 9.15 in the fear that I would have missed half the set and after spending 4 hours on the road, I would have been mortified.

But instead got there to be told they wont be on till 10.30pm.  We went to grab a bite to eat and back to the Watershed.  A very quaint little live music venue and the sound was excellent.

Was even more shocked two find two bands on before Story One that were fellow countrymen and seeing these South African artists made me feel like I was back home.  So that was just a bonus :o)

Story One came on late but boy was it worth waiting for!!!  The performance can only be described as electric.  The band are so "together" and the atmosphere it creates is just breathtaking.  I was totally engrossed by the energy and passion coming from the stage, despite the dancing ladies doing their best to distract my attention.
Special moment for me was when Tom dedicated "Disposable" to me.  Usually I would sing along but I stood there and enjoyed the moment.  I do love that song and actually find the lyrics quite apt for various reasons...

The night finished on a high with an impressive performance of "Delhi Funeral" and Tom doing a spot of acrobatics.  God I love this band....and I am so much looking forward to Sunday 29th January 2006 when the boys will be performing at my Charity Gig in aid of CancerBACUP.  Information for the Live Music 4 Charity event can be found on websitewww.livemusic4charity.info

Trip home was eventful too as got as far as Baker Street to find we had missed the last tube to Watford.  Then got on a tube to Uxbridge got off at Harrow on the Hill, took a bus to Wealdstone and then a taxi to Watford.  Arrived at the car at 2.30am lol.  Arrived home shortly before 5am.  So if you do the maths, spent the guts on 9 hours travelling for 40 minutes music.  Yes a tad crazy but does this not tell you something...?

Tom, Barny, Gerald and Mike
= Story One
= FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment