Tuesday 27 June 2006

Embrace & Morning Runner at Sherwood Pines - 23 Jun 06


Last minute gig due to Nicki having spare ticket and I did enjoy Embrace in Rock City in December.

Got there half way through first band and still not sure who it was, but it did not exactly float my boat so no matter.

Morning Runner were on next and for me stole the show for me.  The sound was superb and we had great renditions of new single "Oceans" and of course "Burning Benches".  Sadly no "Frayed Edges" but then again Helen was not there to moan about it.

Met up with Luke, Andy, Neal and GF (Sorry forgot name) and we watched most of Morning Runner together but when Embrace came on we had to move once I got some close up pics of Danny.

Embrace sadly did not impress me as I realised that Danny could not sing at all and found it very difficult hitting some of the notes.  The sound was crap but after Morning Runner, realised that there was nothing wrong with the sound...it was the band!

Luke then said how Danny was a studio artist and that the live stuff had always been a bit ropey.  I did not think it was bad in Rock City in December, so not quite sure what to think now.

Anyway we enjoyed all the songs but I did not get "Fireworks" from Embrace and I can't even get Newsum Turn to sing it for me.  I seem to have lost my powers of persuasion.
Also bumped into Carl and Charlotte as well as Nicki's other friends - what are the odds amongst 6000 people??

Said our goodbyes at about 11pm and at 1.30am Nicki and I were still in the car park.  We were first in and obviously last out!

No comments:

Post a Comment