Wednesday 28 June 2006

twenty5stories at Mr Grundy's Tavern - 24 Jun 05


Been looking forward to see these guys live for a few weeks now.  Helen, Mark and I went to Baracuda for some SA delights and met with Kate there.  Food was a bit disappointing tonight but things can only get better.

Managed to find the venue without getting lost and for Derby that is bloody amazing!!  It was lovely set in the back garden of nice pub under a gazebo and there was a BBQ.

I had been looking forward to seeing twenty5stories for some weeks now. The lads waved to us as we arrived and shortly after we were introduced to David (Bass player).  They went on and did their first set which seem to have a bit of distortion on the vocals but was still enjoyable enough.  Did a fab cover of Seal's "Crazy" along with some of their original stuff.

We chatted a bit during the break and I was introduced (with hugs) to the rest of the guys Gaz, Ross, Graeme (whose name I thought was Grimm, hence me saying it was not a nice name!) as well as Sally (I think) the newest member. 
Below is Phil (Alistair McGowan) posing...

Second set kicked off with "Sneakers" but sadly no piano.  I still loved it all the same.  After use of acoustic guitar technical difficulties seem to be resolved and sound was perfect.  They played a song that had "becoming" in the title and it was ace, sorry cannot remember the name.  Also covers of my fav Green Day track "Good Riddance" as well as wonderful Dave Grohl impersonation with "Learning to Fly".
Had much fun and laughter afterwards and in the clubs with Phil, Helen, Kate, Mark and the rest of the boys...where much of rest of night is a daze.  Although I can remember an in-depth music conversation with Ross and it seems I have found my "Musical Soulmate".
Look at the couple in the background...

Looking forward to catching these guys again and almost feel like dragging them to Leeds on Sunday :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment