Friday 30 June 2006

Whitesnake @ Sheffield City Hall - 29 Jun 06


Well we have come to the end of our 80's Rock Band revival and tonight's gig was definately the tip of the iceberg.

I had been looking so much forward to seeing Whitesnake and being practically up front made it all the more enjoyable.

They were bloody amazing and sang all the favourites but song of the night for me was "Here I go Again" which gave me an attack of the goosebumps.  They are such brilliant showmen and David Coverdale was having so much fun and he is quite witty too.

But the night is special for another reason, apart from the bass player, everybody else was so much older than me!  David Coverdale looked a little frayed at the edges to put it kindly, although his voice was distinctly unaffected.  He is 51 and looks like he had a hard life.

Especially when compared to "PHWOARRR" guitarist Doug Aldrich who is 54 and hotter than ever.  I can safely say I never ever thought that I would be lusting after a 50'something  year old.  See for yourself ladies....

This has certainly put a different slant on my recent affinity for floppy/curly haired frontmen!
Just some more random pictures...

I had a great night, even though I feel like shit, and thanks to Mike again for a journey down time.  I can remember saying that they don't make bands like this anymore!
Rounded the night off beautifully with a visit to a certain West Street establishment.....yes the N-word!  Yummy :o)

Ps Support was in the guise of The Answer from Ireland and they were pretty cool.  Hair everywhere and I could not help thinking how much they sounded like Free.  I kept waiting for the lead singer to break into "Alright Now".  They did a 1930's soul cover (cant remember the name) but it was so the best bit of their performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment