Monday 22 May 2006

Brinkman @ Dublin Castle, Camden - 21 Mar 06


Well its now 3.35am and I am still buzzing after another road trip with my good pal Helen.  Tonight was our 3rd time of seeing the wonderful Brinkman

My turn to drive so set off from work at about 4.30 with "The Dunnster" navigating and finding our way to Camden was a piece of cake.  Well we have kind of been here a few times this year - but luckily enough its a different venue every time.

Dublin Castle was packed solid as we arrived and first person I set my eyes on was Tom (Brinkman bass player) whom I hugged and spoke to briefly.  I then spottend Mark Morriss of the Bluetones, whom I met earlier this year.

Brinkman were due on at 8.15 and the queue to get into the music bit was very long, we waited for ages.  We could then hear them on stage but still could not get into the door, so missed the first two songs.  I was very upset, but luckily got through the door for my fav "Pillow" - the chorus is something like "I am having the time of my life and the one thing that stops me is this space on my pillow"  Hmmmm - enough said about that! 
Helen was also delighted she heard her fav "Thunderbolt" but we also found ourselves singing along to most of them, which is really great that they are becoming familiar.  Special moment during that song is when Paul spotted Helen an I and his beautiful beaming smile was so welcoming.

Needed to get out there pronto when they finished as it was too warm and too full.  Sat in the bar bit with a drink and I could see the Brinkman boys making their way through the room, so thought we would not interrupt them as they were ever so popular.  And the wait was worth the while as I got the nicest most geniune superhug from Paul and he was geniunely happy and surprised to see us.  I think he used words such as "crazy, mad or barking" and I told him that is no way to talk about Helen.

Listened to half a song of Leeds Rock Band "I like trains" and decided that I too preferred trains to their music (well tonight anyway) tomorrow I might change my mind.
Went for a spot of dinner at some Italian place where the waiter was a fellow countryman and I could speak my mother tongue albeit talking about the menu.  Great Seafood Linguini and most excellent Tiramisu (well how could I not?)

Thankfully Neil Diamond managed to keep Helen awake on the way home as she was loving he tunes whilst alledgedly (probably spelt wrong again) begging for mercy.
See you bright and early Helen 

More good music tomorrow night at The Vic in Derby, so get your asses down there and come and support Richard Snow and The Inlaws, Tom Wardle Band and The Crooks with perhaps 4th surprise guest! 

YOU WILL ENJOY IT, IF NOT I WILL GET YOU A DRINK

No comments:

Post a Comment