Sunday 7 May 2006

Newsum Turn @ Manchester Academy 3 - 5 May 06



Ok so one is a tad intoxicated at this hour of the morning but I just have to let you all know what an amazing night I had tonight.  If I don't do it now, I might not remember in the morning.

Newsum Turn played Manchester for the first time tonight and they were loved by entire audience.  Opened their set with "Broken" followed by "Beautiful Mile" and then dedicated "Corners" to new friends (that was sweet), we had amazing new song (another wow moment) "See you There" and at the end of the set everyone wanted more!


Newsum Turn do not fail to bowl me over each time I see them as I think it just gets better and better.  The beautiful music these guys made needs to be heard and of course live it is just the best experience ever.

Managed to see some of Cord tonight and there was one or two songs that I enjoyed.
Funniest bit of the night would most certainly be the guys trying to use their AAA passes to get into the Kooks gig at Academy 1 next door lol and were turned away.  I managed to use same passes to get into the Dresden Dolls on 1st floor but Luke's face when he saw the drummer in his fishnet tights was priceless :D so back we went to the 2nd floor!
Must say I enjoyed watching the Upper Room again and I have bought the new single "Black and White" and I wish the boys every luck with it!

We stopped in the bar for a couple more whilst the guys were mobbed by fans and then made our way to Manchester Club called Big Hands.  To be honest it was not quite what I expected but it was packed and the music was good!  Not quite sure how much I drank tonight, but I know that a lot of the things I did was alcohol induced - so that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!

I think Luke took this one himeself!

This is the boys out "sharking"

We met loads of people including One Man and His Beard who has a world cup song out at the moment.  Luke insisted on having his pic taken with  him :o)

We also met Andy Williams tonight who is the drummer for the Doves and of course I did not have a clue who the hell he was lol, but Newsum Turn boys recognised him.  Later learnt that the guitarist was also in the venue.

I love these pics, I think Neal's face says it all...

Tonight I saw a different side to these boys and in Andy's case we were treated to "The Full Monty" well almost and I think this guy posing next to Andy did not quite know what to make of what was going on!

I don't think either of them can believe what just happened!

Smashing lads indeed and I don't think I have laughed as much for a long time.  Thanks Luke, Alistair, Chris, Neal and Andy :D

Come to the Sugarmill in Stoke on Trent on the 19th May....if you dare

No comments:

Post a Comment