Friday 19 May 2006

Story One supporting Morning Runner & Fallout Trust - 17 May 06


Well 69th gig definately did not disappoint  even though the night started off a bit iffy.  Stood in the pissing rain for what seemed forever waiting for Mark and Helen.  Mark got lost and then told me Helen was inside.  When Chris and Jo turned up we decided to run in as Story One were kicking off.  I missed first couple of verses of "Coming Up" but the rest of set more than made up for it.

Pity the Ballroom was so empty at this point as it did not do a great deal for the Story Onesound but no matter, these guys always give brilliant performance.  We had a shortened set to usual and setlist comprised of "Beggars Belief", "Out of Season", "Saving Grace", "Disposable" (ahh), "AM 180", "Count to 3" and finished off by "Delhi Funeral".
Story One do not fail to give me goosebumps everytime they play and I am so looking forward to Monday to buy the new single "Out of Season".  Make sure you get your copy here.

Then came the Fallout Trust whom I remember enjoying most of the songs and here is the proof why you should not delay writing blogs as I can't remember the name of any of them.  But check them out they were ok!
Having only seen Morning Runner acoustically in Fopp which was great.  Purchased the CD I was hoping that the live show would be a bit less depressing than I had found the CD and hey it was! 

We had all the great songs including "Gone up in Flames", "Be all you want me to be", my favourite "Oceans", the classic "Burning Benches" and the new single "The Great Escape" including B-side (name eludes me). 

I was kind of blown away through a couple of the songs and this is definately a band made for live shows.  I could  not help but notice how humble and appreciative Matt of Morning Runner was throughout the show.   I found this very indearing indeed.
Morning Runner came on and did a 4 song encore - longest I have ever seen.  But no doubt Helen was happy as she got to hear "Frayed Edges" again. Thoroughly enjoyable night musically indeed.

We said goodbyes to Chris and Jo and stayed behind talking to the Hull Massif and waiting for Story One.  We were kicked out and ended up with this mass conference outside.  Well it was a laugh and despite discussing Snow Patrol, we were trying to find cunning ways of whoring Story One's single out on Monday.  There was 13 of us, it would be 13 lol, I just realised.  Got some group pic just waiting for the boys to post it!   

Have learnt a few things about people tonight....
1.  Phil has a secret crush....on well those who were there know :o)
2.  Story One think that gigging is over-rated lol
3.  And G and I are gonna have some babies ;-P (Nando's that swung it!)

Great night thanks to all that turned up, its nice to see the circle of friends getting bigger at these gigs.  See you all soon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment