Wednesday 1 March 2006

The Boy Least Likely To @ Social - Sun 26 Feb 06



A bit of a mad rush occurred getting to the Social but I had so been looking forward to seeing these guys again as I discovered them when they supported James Blunt at Rock City last year.

Not seen the Social this packed for some time.  Support act came on and it was really chilled or as Helen called them "Ben Folds with a Piano".  They are called BC Camplight and we thoroughly enjoyed the set. Songs I liked the most was the first one called "Hide Run Away" and the last one "Blood and Peanut Butter".  Got speaking to Bret and Dave afterwards - strange boys, but it was fun indeed.  Will definitely look out for these again as they were cool.

We managed to secure ourselves a spot up front (well in front of the speaker) always best seats in the house.  Highlight of the evening arrived as Jof, Pete and the boys took the stage and the whole atmosphere lifted.  They started off with "Hugging my grudge" and it really got the audience going.  This was followed by some other classics including "Warm Panda Cola", "Paper Cuts" and of course that Apple Wagon song gets me going everytime. 

Not sure what the inpiration behind some of these lyrics are but can safely say they put a smile on my face everytime.  Finished off with my fav "Be Gentle with Me" and I love the line ".....I am happy because I am stupid, scared of spiders and of flying...."

Afterwards we were trying to decide on what genre best describes The Boy Least Likely To.  I have always described it to other people as "Happy Hippy Music" but after a nice long chat with drummer Al we decided it was "Country Disco".  Either way if you have not seen this band yet - don't delay its an experience indeed.  Sadly for us they are off to the States for a while touring with the "Not so Happy" James Blunt.

We'll meet again....

Ps.  Oh yes forgot I finally got chance to say thanks to Jof afterwards for signed CD's they sent for my gig.  What a nice happy fella :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment