Monday 13 March 2006

Weekend Highs and Lows – Morning Runner, BC Camplight & Brinkman


Ok we will get the lows out of the way first..

Had 3 days off last week, feeling feverish and stressing over the weekend's treatment.  Spend afternoon at hospital and rest of weekend with my head in a bucket.
There were a few positives though :o)

Leaving hospital on Friday there was only one place I wanted to be FOPP Nottingham to see Morning Runner perform a few songs.  Wild Horses could not drag me away, let alone my fate with a doctor and his needle!  Its all about priorities in life you see :o)  I really enjoyed their performance especially a powerful rendition of "Burning Benches" an acoustic song called "Frayed Edges" - which much to Helen's dismay is not on the Album.  We bought some CDs and got them signed.  Had a drink with Helen and made my way home.  Descended upon the boudoir and that is where I stayed until daybreak!


Saturday again was not much fun but least said about this the betterLeeds got a draw with Norwich.  A bit gutted though as we could really have closed the gap with a win as Sheff Utd lost!!  Still 5 points behind with 3 games in hand and 9 games left.  Mathematically it seems impossible for us not to make the play-offs in the very least.however, that 2nd automatic promotion spot would be ace.

Saturday night positively gutted about not getting to either Red Star Rebels nor Tom Wardle's gigs, will have to make up for that in future.

Sunday still throwing up and not too sure about Cardiff, but Helen had to do some serious arm twisting to get me to go (yeah right!!!).  We left about 2.30pm as I really wanted to say goodbye to BC Camplight, plus the fact they are from the US it would be a while till we see them again.  (All these excuses).

Severn Bridge WOW another positive of this trip and then Cardiff looked positively Alpine as snow had landed and after some driving around we found the venue quite easily actually.  The faces on BC boys were priceless as they thought we were professional band stalkers or something having gone all that way.

Nothing more to be said about BC Camplight they were great as usual and "Wouldn't mind the Sunshine" really set me off buzzing.

Stars of the night for me were new discovery Brinkman.  I was engrossed from the start to end.  They are a pop trio with nice lively pop songs and very original lyrics.  "Pillow" song was my fav on the night and the explanation behind this song was very funny too.   Think a trip toYork might be needed to make up my mind completely and I will report back on this tomorrow:D
Had to try and make amends afterwards for insulting frontman Paul but together with Neil, Tom and Giles we had some healthy banter and it just ended the night off nicely.
After the usual hugs all round, we gave our best wishes to the Camplight boys and made our way out of there in the hope we can remember where the hell we parked the car.
Road home was shorter, we saw some deer and got home around 2.15am.  I could not sleep as I was buzzing actually I still am..I think I am addicted!

If there is anybody out there who can offer me any help or support with my live music addiction, please do so immediately.  Not sure how much longer my friends can cope with this..

No comments:

Post a Comment