Sunday 23 April 2006

George & Matt - I love you! - At the Cock somewhere in Ripley - 12 Apr 06


Here we go with proper account of the night....I think!

Mark and I met Kate in Ripley for accoustic gig by George (of the Crooks) and Matt (of Censored).  Took a bit of finding but realised it was right in front of us!  The Cock Hotel was a nice comfy setting with leather couches and quite cosy.  Not quite sure what I was imagining but I was pleasantly surprised.

The evening started off with "Open Mic" session which included two girls whose names I really cannot remember.  The first girl was accompanied by George on guitar and she did an amazing version of The Cranberries song "Linger".  The next girl was called Kath I think and she just had the most powerful voice for a 14 year old.  Was really impressed with her own song as well as KT Tunstall cover.

I then got talking to Matt's parents (ooh names escape me again) I am so terrible!  During this time Julian was on stage doing a couple of songs and he was really good, but I really should have paid more attention too!  So I hope to see him again at some point.
George was up next and opened up with an amazing Radiohead cover.  I was amazed at George's voice as the songs he sang were so much different from the rocking sound of The Crooks.  A thoroughly enjoyable set.


Next up was Matt of Censored and he opened up his set with a couple of Kula Shaker covers as he had been to see them thenight before.  This was followed with a personal dedication of "All you got to do is ask" which I like very much.  But never actually listened to the lyrics before...hmmm a bit risque Matt!  He then made us laugh with some song called "Dutch Courage" or something like that - some very funny lyrics.

Next couple of acts I don't really remember, so sorry! 
Night was finished off with the hillarious Johnny Cuisine aka Scott of a band called Confused.  He had put some promt sheets up with some of his chorus lines and "I felt like a Sandwich" and "Why don't you just shut the f**k up" to name a few.  Must see this again!!!

Got some fab pictures taken and Kate and I obviously got a little drunk but all in all it was a really good evening!

Original Blog 13th April @ 1.56am
Had a fab night, at this moment in time I cannot remember much, you are better off checking out Kates Blog.  Will write more when sober.  Fab night Matt and George and some bloke called Johnny Cuisine (I think).


No comments:

Post a Comment